Re: Rating the show

Mark,

>>It may not be a conscious decision, necessarily. Just the plain fact that
>>by being a WHO fan I tend to not devote as much time or effort to listenin=
>>to other bands.

>Well, you know...it's a funny thing. While always a Who fan, after they
>broke up I found myself listening to them less than anything else...

This is interesting Mark. And I would have to say that I sort of went the=
 same way, for awhile. I assume we are talking about 1984 on? I got into=
 Clash and U2 a bit, and was introduced (a molly wee bit late) to the Pistol=
s.

>I knew the music SO well.

I wish I could say the same. During that time I probably could tell you=
 anything about WN or Quad, or Tommy for that matter. I especially listened=
 to Pete's solo stuff, as Chinese Eyes had only come out a couple of years=
 before. But, as far as some of the other albums were concerned, well.... I=
 didn't know any more than what was played on the radio or were released as=
 part of a greatest hits album. This has since changed.

>the very first ones I bought upon getting my first CD player were QUAD and =
>WN.

Mine too, along with Tommy. This was probably around 1986-7.

>In fact, I refused to buy a CD player until QUAD was released...now there's=
 >loyalty for ya.

That is loyalty. Especially when you consider how much of a fuss was being=
 made over the sound quality of CD's at the time. I purchased my first=
 player while I was overseas (Navy) in Naples at a NATO base store. I bought=
 a Sony and a pair of Bose Room Mate speakers so I could play it on the=
 ship. Needless to say, the guys that I worked with had about enough of Quad=
 by the time we were back in the U.S.
=20
>and then after getting a computer, I began to get boots...coupled
>with finally being able to discuss the band with people who had some idea
>what I was talking about...

The list, for me, was quite a revelation really. It was amazing to find=
 people who truly understand the WHO (or are at least trying to, like me).=
 Also, I probably would never have bothered to purchase the remixes if I did=
 not belong to the list. I mean, who the heck needs two copies of Quad :) ?=
 (Sorry, about the stupid smiley face!)

Don