Re: Rating the show

>This is interesting Mark. And I would have to say that I sort of went the
same way, for awhile. I assume we are talking about 1984 on? I got into
Clash and U2 a bit, and was introduced (a molly wee bit late) to the Pistols.

Don:

I'd say that it was `83 for me, actually. Just after it was announced that
they wouldn't be doing any studio albums after all.
I was already into U2, The Clash, and The Sex Pistols...let's see, in `83 I
think I was listening to a lot of New Wave...Split Enz, Squeeze, Costello;
that sort of thing.

>Mine too, along with Tommy. This was probably around 1986-7.

I got TOMMY later, as well as the others as they were released (probably).
Then even later got the Gold TOMMY & QUAD as they were released.

>That is loyalty. Especially when you consider how much of a fuss was being
made over the sound quality of CD's at the time. I purchased my first player
while I was overseas (Navy) in Naples at a NATO base store. I bought a Sony
and a pair of Bose Room Mate speakers so I could play it on the ship.
Needless to say, the guys that I worked with had about enough of Quad by the
time we were back in the U.S.

I was...uh, shall we say somewhat financially challenged at that time, and
of course there were other CDs I wanted as well. Also, all the CDs were
still $18. Period. No used stores, no Pawn Shops. For a while, I bought LPs
and CDs, depending on what it was. As late as when IRON MAN came out, I was
still buying LPs. I remember thinking that I would ONLY buy what I
considered "classic" albums on CD, and the rest on LP. Ha! The more fool me.

>The list, for me, was quite a revelation really. It was amazing to find
people who truly understand the WHO (or are at least trying to, like me).
Also, I probably would never have bothered to purchase the remixes if I did
not belong to the list. I mean, who the heck needs two copies of Quad :) ?

Yeah, but I'm talking about even earlier. I started on P*, the software of
which came with the Windows. I found Who people, began trading...now I've
got *almost* everything I want Who-wise, the big gap being a great sounding
`71-`72 show. And any yet unreleased songs/demos.
Oh, I've traded other bands too. A few...I know it might be hard to imagine
from my fanatical postings about QUAD ect, but I really have a ton of varied
music from early RnR to Alternative, some Jazz (Brubeck is my favorite),
Blues, Reggae. Lots of stuff.
But this list IS great; I can do no less than agree with you and the others
in praising it. It's the best source of Who info and discussion that I've
ever seen...and I like the fact that it's multinational, too...the more
perspectives the better. And cheers to Paul for putting up with people like
who have been known to go slightly off subject from time to time...

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend