WW1 18/7

I heard the full show sitting in my car alone on a darkened street because
the radios in the house wouldn't bring in 97 FM from Buffalo as clearly as
my car radio, plus I wanted my trusty Bose car speakers in on this even if,
as someone correctly noted recently, most good car systems lack a bit in the
middle. Anyway, the car reception was clear as a bell, just like a local
station. I LOVED THIS SHOW!! Rog was really in fine voice, I couldn't
believe it (except for missing a few high notes and on LROM  but he was
doing that in the late 70's too). He was much better than in '89 and even
than at Toronto in '82. What a performer, just a great rock icon, presence,
etc. PT on acoustic really amazed me especially on Drowned and WGFA -
especially his lead playing on the latter. JAE on 5.15 was a powerhouse:
the solo was like the great grandson of the solo on MG in '65. I thought
Whitehorn was perfect: fluid and PT-like as he sounded on the original Quad
but more expressive. Simon rocked out. Zak was fine: not really like Moon
but it didn't matter with so many musicians on stage. My only criticism is
Idol acn't hold a tune and the Daniels explanations were unnecessary. After
the bad press in the 70's about explaining Quad to audiences I wonder why PT
doesn't just drop these didactic elements. Let the songs speak for
themselves... It's interesting, but yesterday I heard 3 versions of Quad:
the new remix, then Tales From The Who and finally said MSG show. I enjoyed
each of them - each is valid on its own merits. It's too bad really that
Pete didn't take more time to get Quad right on record when it was first
released as if it had been a quality-sounding recording, i.e., with
real-sounding lead and rhythm guitars, a growly bass and a more careful
approach to the singing and harmonies, I believe it today  would have almost
the reputation and world appeal of Tommy. BTW I thought the radio mixdown
was okay....Gary M.