Christmas

    What are the odds that a live album and/or video of the Quad
shows will be released in time for the Christmas rush?  If the band
or MCA doesn't release an "official" recording of these shows, I'd
bet the bootleggers will.
    I am very happy I got to hear last nights broadcast.  I wish the
radio station could have kept quiet and not jumped in with their call
letters during 5:15 I think.  Pete was fantastic on acoustic.  As
much as I admire Eric, Jimi, Jimmy, Jeff, Stevie Ray, B.B., and Buddy as
electric players, I haven't heard anyone who can compare to Townshend
on acoustic.  He has said he was frustrated that he couldn't play
fast runs like Jimi, Jeff and Eric and consequently he developed his
electric style using power chords and feedback.  I'm guessing that now since
he is limited by his hearing problems, he is putting a lot of energy
into his acoustic playing to try and develop an acoustic style that
is as recognizable as his electric style.  I know he has been playing
acoustic all along, it just sounds to me like he is trying show he is
unmatched when it comes to playing rhythm on acoustic.
                                     Brad