WW1 does it again!

Well, finished recording the concert last night and decided to put my two
cents in regarding the show (performance) from a musical as well as technical
viewpoint...

Musically, it had it all... great playing by the band members (all 13 or so
of them), Daltrey gave one hell of a gutsy performance (in my opinion, what a
set of pipes!!!), as did Pete.... couldn't really expound on Entwhistle's
playing (but more on that on the technical side of things...)  I particularly
loved the song Quadrophenia... whats the name of that guitar player who
played the leads on that one?  He was amazing!!  I could have done without
the same encore from the night before, but what the hell a free radio concert
is just that ... FREE!

Technically, let me start by asking this: How is it that, in the 90's, WW 1
can't hire an engineer to mix a Who show the right way?... to my ears anyway,
Entwhistle was nowhere to be found..... Pete was buried in the mix, and even
the vocall for Daltrey and guests were thin and weak (as was the sound
overall)..... how is it that Pearl Jam, for example, who park a van with
transmitting equipment (know affectionately as MonkeyWrench radio, 89.3FM)
outside most of their stops of their last tour, did such a fine job mixing
their shows, without the help of WW1?  I could have also done without the
announcers stupid comments over the opening strains of Behind Blue Eyes.

Well, when is all said and done, my DAT