pete's hearing loss

As far as I know, pt's hearing loss is due to the headphones he had worn in
the studio over the years.THe constant, extreme volume of the phones does
far more damage than a guitar stack or a monitor in front of you. The
pounding is relentless,not that a hiwatt stack isn't, and if your generous
with the cognac or other spirits during a recording session, the volume is
then increased in your ears due to the dulled senses and you won't really
notice the difference until later. Having had my hearing reduced due to
this activity, I can say that recording earphones are much more dangerous
than live settings. I believe it was Simon Phillips in modern drummer who
said a clear, perfect monitor mix is not going to effect your hearing as
much as a piece of sh*t muddled mix.....

Regardless, Pete's electric playing in 89 was about as inspired as
Daltrey's during that 82 tour. (but then roger looked like he couldn't play
the riff to eminence and sing at the same time...) Pete is such a materful
acoustic guitar player, why strap on the electric...he, unlike many players
today can really beat the piss out of the acoustic in a manner that most
can't do with an electric....ultimately pt tours solo with an extra
electric"lead" guitarist and bass player and a drummer...that would be a
preformance to behold...

any word on QUAD moving on?

peace....
pete best