Re: Who news from MCA...

>I always liked how Capitol/Apple did that with the Beatles Catalog.  You buy
>the regular releases and the two "Past Masters" and you have the entire
>catalog, nice and neat. (Course now the Anthology stuff is coming out).

HJ:

You're kidding, right? Capitol released each album (the first several of
which were like 32 minutes long) without the singles or anything...a 30
minute CD for $16. For the Beach Boys at LEAST they released two albums per
disk. I wouldn't have asked for that, but adding the singles would have been
nice...then there would have been no need for the two PAST MASTERS. Or, if
they just HAD to have those two other CDs, they could have easily put the
material that's now on the ANTHOLOGYs.
Not to mention that despite having stereo masters of some of the songs, they
released the first 4 in mono.
Personally, I felt VERY ripped off.

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend