Re: Pete's "joke"

>Of all the theories I've read, I now think Mark's - and another lister's
>earlier  posted (Litgo?) - have gotten to the nub of PT's joke. I agree that
>it's sad, but my take (I don't now if you meant it this way Mark) is that
>PT, as on this occasion, can get a little too contemptuous of his audience
>at times.

Gary:

I get the impression, from watching the video, that Pete really was lost and
disconnected from the audience when he said that. I don't think he was being
contemptuous...I think he was being honest and then realized that he wasn't
coming close to connecting. His worst nightmare...

                   Cheers                   ML

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend