Re: An Open Apology to the List

>Phil is the famous compiler of the following box sets: Yardbirds, Small
>Faces, Humble Pie, The Nice. Which, he produced over in England is is
>probably more familiar with the whole process than all of us. He also has his
>own, home recording studio.

WF:

Ah, I see. I also have some experience in a studio, but I don't own one.
However, I still stand by my opinion of the new QUAD. In fact, I was
listening last night and when I'm One came on I kept in mind Chris G.'s comment:

>The vocal starts our kind of thin and then swells at 0:11.  Another vocal that
>comes and goes in brightness to my ears.

I quickly discovered that the so-called "swell" is actually a previously
unheard harmony vocal track Pete sings during certain parts of the song. I
haven't check the others he mentions, but I'm begining to wonder if all of
these "defects" are merely a case of the songs being clearer than before or
unheard bits brought to light.

                   Cheers                   ML (champion of the new QUAD)

"I think you should keep on playing Rock as long as you have an axe to grind
and then if you haven't got an axe to grind you should go into cabaret."
                                                                 Pete Townshend