Re: Ticket Distribution

In a message dated 96-07-06 01:13:55 EDT, NakedEye10@aol.com writes:

>FYI, I'm someone who has averaged going to about 50 concerts a year over the
>past five years (including in that time about 20 Who related shows).  I
>always sit in the first five rows.  I have almost never, before this set of
>shows, bought tickets from a broker, although I have occasionally sold to
>them and done my best to cultivate relationships whenever possible.

First off let me say that I think it is nice that someone would take the time
to direct people to brokers that have available tickets. Nice for those who
can afford them. What would have been really nice is to direct us to the
people who have tickets at face value, but that is not likely.

I have 2 questions. You state that you have done your best to cultivate your
relationships (with brokers) whenever possible. This is nice, but don't you
think that these brokers where cultivating you? I mean it seems to me that
you not being an avid ticket agent customer, that you must of told them that
you could "spread the word to lots of other fans". This is exactly the folks
that these guys want to move their tickets to. The hardcore fans, who will
pay more than the average guy off the street. Most people who are casual fans
would never, ever dream of paying HUNDREDS of dollars for tickets. You are
providing a direct conduit for these agents to the small segment of the
audience who might just spring for them.

Secondly, are you making money/ free tickets off of this? You state that you
have sold tickets to agents, who obviously mark them up. In that instance why
not just sell them at the show for face value? Did the scalper pay you more
than face, then mark them up, so the ultimate buyer has 2 people making money
off his one high priced ticket?

I don't mean to acuse you of anything, or suggest any duplicity here, it just
seems odd to me.

Kyle in NJ