Re: pizza

At 12:40 AM 7/6/96 METDST, Bernd wrote:

>>... thin crust, heavy-everything-else pizza...

>Yes, that's traditional Italian pizza, exactly
>my taste...

>... as far as I know pizza was invented in the
>mid-19th century at Naples as a new Italian
>national dish in the colours of the `Tricolore'.
>Is that correct, Italian pizza, er, Who fans?)

     The only "pizza" I had in Naples was at a
roadside cafe off the tourist track, and consisted
of tomato sauce smeared on bread dough with a
couple of stray mushrooms (I think) and *maybe*
some cheese somewhere. I'd always heard that the
"American-style" pizza loaded with goodies, was
a creation of the World's Fair in the late 1800's.

>Cheers,
>
>Bernd

Bad defeats Good then self-destructs ...