Re: Liner Notes

>Could it be that Astley is not the one who made that decision? Pete
>might have decided he didn't want anything to pollute the pristine
>pureness of Quadrophenia.

First of all, I have a hard time seeing how liner notes would "pollute the
pristine pureness of Quadrophenia.  They certainly wouldn't pollute any
more than all the other notes did vis a vis the pristine pureness of Sell
Out, Tommy, Who's Next, etc.

Second, I doubt Pete had such qualms.  After all, he didn't have a problem
with bonus tracks.  Of course, as we all know now, Pete's opinion no longer
counts as much as Astley's.  Granted, Pete merely came up with the concept,
composed the music, wrote the lyrics, sang and played guitar, which makes
him far less important in the grand scheme of things than Astley, who,
after all . . . um . . . er . . . uh . . . is Pete's son-in-law (phew!!).

By the way, if it wasn't feasible to expand the booklet beyond 52 pages, or
include a separate booket of liner notes  (of course we all know it damn
well was feasible, but let's just assume it wasn't), they could have filled
up the last thirty minutes of disc two with a Pete interview.  This isn't
without precedent -- one of the Byrds reissues contains an interview with
David Crosby and Roger McGuinn, and the new Aqualung reissue contains an
Ian Anderson interview.