Re: Official Who fan club

Scooter, re:

>   Being the sceptic that I am, what makes "Naked Eye" the OFFICIAL
>Who fan club? Do any of the Who endorse it, or the Who's management
>team? If so, does this mean all negativity will be suppressed? Or is
>OFFICIAL just a important sounding word designed to get our attention.

It's "official" as it's endorsed by The Who themselves. There's also a "plug"
for it in the new JAE tourbook...

>>And how many people who like the Who  are "on-line"? Especially in
England, where Naked Eye would be based.

On the "Digest" there are over 300 and growing. You can see the
"participants" by writing to majordomo@mpath.com and in the "message" type
"who thewho" and then do the same again doing, "who thewho-digest". I've
"plugged" the digest in John's new tourbook as well, so hopefully that will
be a positive vehicle for attracting new people.

Unfortunately, there aren't all that many Who fans in England. The British
are very "trendy" when it comes to music. However, here in the USA it's
another story. Matt Kent and the others associated with the "official" club,
already have THIS data base of Who fans available. In order to develop a data
base, from what I understand, the only thing they have now, is the "guest
list" from the Who Fest, or the people that attended and filled out the
questionaire. Other than Rock magazines, Goldmine & Record Collector (which
not everyone reads), how does one go about "tracking down" Who fans to get
interest? Thanks to the computer and the Internet, the world is becoming a
much smaller place...

wf