Re: Getting the big players in on the act.

I feel kinda guilty, since I started this string (thicker than a thread),
but I will chime in by saying, kinda in contrast to my previous suggestion
about two types of Who releases, that some first time listeners of the
Who have cut their teeth on the recent re-releases.  And the same happened
with Zeppelin after repairing their messed up CDs, which I think they did
a fairly good job doing.  So if cleverly done, they do open themselves up
to new audiences, younger ones perhaps, who demand higher audio quality
than most 60s stuff presented till the advent of CDs, digital signal
processing, and audio workstations to remove most of the flaws.  Hell,
anybody remember hearing VINYL on the radio? My roomate and my record
store contact are two classic cases of BRANDIE NEWIE fans of the
Who, fed PURELY on the remasters and the box set.

I also started the Who/Beatles thread.  Sorry 'bou' tha' fellas.
Sure did get some fur flying.  Didn't start the drug use one or the
Rolling Rock beer one, but they were pretty funny! And, like trying to
explain the color red to a blind man, I insist there are more than adequate
drummers to replace Moon, 'cause I seen 'em, I heard 'em.  You'll never ever
convince me otherwise.... Clearly Townshend didn't want that, and right around
then was when we parted ways in the musical taste dept.  I don't blame him,
and I don't blame me for not liking the result.  But dammit the Who satisfy
my needs by putting out the great old stuff and adding tracks....
Thanks.

JW