Re: Getting the big players in on the act.

>O.K. Enough of my Chris Farley "I live in a van by the river and your parents
>asked me to give you a motivational speech" act!!!

Jeff:

While I realize that my comments weren't of the sort that Bob Dole would
condone, they are motivated by complete disbelief that "those in charge of
The Who" (as you may have noticed I like to call them) are so completely
isolated and unwilling to accept any input while engaged in a project of
this nature. Sure, it's not like they're trying to balance the budget or
anything serious like that <jk>, but it's important enough to do right. As
has been said by cooler heads, "There are ways of telling if she's a witch."
They should at least make some sort of an effort to find out what is
desired, in some fashion.
I would think that one priority of the compilers would be to compile
something that the buyers would want. This is being and has been done for
other bands. AND it only makes financial sense! So claims of "not enough
time" or "being too overwhelmed" to do their job correctly garner no
sympathy from me. Maybe I am too harsh, but we're not talking about a high
pressure job here. It's not like we aren't going to buy it if they delay it
for months or years (as has already happened) to get it right.
The Who have suffered through poor management, a label that gave little to
no  support, poor editing and production, and haphazard releasing and
packaging. We're still here, and our numbers are growing. Is it too much to
ask that they for once make a little effort to ensure that The Who take
their place in Rock history, as the band so richly deserves?
That's all I want, really.

      Cheers                             ML