JAE -- Turn Up the Volume!

>Chris has admitted being influenced heavily by
>John's playing, but Chris to me is melodic for melodic's sake. He >doesn't
carry the songs the way John does, if he is replaced with a >quieter and less
busy player like on the Anderson, Bruford, Wakeman >and Howe tour he is not
missed, (for the most part :). In the Who, >John is too important to
maintaining the structure of the songs and >would definitely be missed if he
was not playing with the group. Chris' >style is distinctive, but is not as
important to the music as John is by >far, IMO.

If that's so, then why was his bass turned down so low at MSG?  I realize
everything had to be quieter for Pete's sake (no pun intended) but I think the
Who could have pulled off a "Yes" performance, that is, blending the bass and
all the other instruments so John wouldn't have been so left out.  All IMHAIO
(try to figure that one out, Jen and Aimee! ;-).