Substances at Concerts

Please indulge me, I'm still catching up on back digests from when I was in
NYC.

Chris Muldoon says:
>>I never thought that I would like AMEX--but at the first show
(ostensibly for AMEX cardholders only), I didn't have to worry about
secondhand pot smoke.  Not at Saturday's or last night's (which were not
limited to AMEX cardholders only)!  Hell, I was coughing up white mice.  It
makes me laugh to see a clean living 52-year-old Daltrey looking great while
sitting next to old, fat slobs and young punks who are toking up.  And Pete
almost died from drug use, and is now quick to point out its evils.  If
people on this List can complain about drunk fans throwing up on them, I feel
free to vent here, too.  Hey, it's your own trip but it is illegal and
smoking anything at a concert is a major fire hazard given the proximity of
people and scarceness of exits.

My 2c:
In my experience, drunk people are usually a nightmare to be around at a
concert.  They are frequently unbearably loud, unaware of their bodies in
space, and generally rude.

Stoned people may or may not be interesting to talk to, but in my experience,
they are very rarely rude or obnoxious.

As for smoking where other people are breathing, I agree that it is
incredibly rude, regardless of "the tradition."  (IMO, *what* people smoke is
their own business, but smoking anything in other people's airspace is
inconceivably rude.)

FWIW, though, I think cigarette smoking is orders of magnitude more rude than
pot smoking.  Just think of the burn time, frequency, and amount of smoke
contributed to the airspace.

Lastly, the fire hazard comment is absurd.

*Note:  I realize that this is not exactly Who-related, but it is most
certainly concert related.  And, well, The Who are concert related these days
(Yeah!!!), so...