Re: Pete's rejection of the Who

>But don't you think that Pete's ultimate rejection of the Who was inevitable?
>I do, mostly because Pete held such resentment toward members of his own
>band.

Jim:

Good point. I wasn't taking it quite that far. I'm sure that Pete felt he
needed The Who, and that when he no longer felt that way he began releasing
solo albums (which weren't nearly as successful as The Who, at that
point)...and after Keith died, he felt able to pursue a solo career in
earnest, and let The Who become no more than a Rock machine.
I don't know that I could say the rejection was inevitable, but perhaps a
result of the way things turned out.

>These kinds of motivations fuel Pete's stalwart resistance toward reforming
>the Who for any new music ("Dig" notwithstanding).

Yeah, he has absolutely no need for them at all. Creatively, he certainly
knows how to do it alone.

                   Cheers                   ML

"The true profession of man is to find his way to himself"
                                                     Hermann Hesse