Re: JAE Anthology - better late than never

Nearly 12 weeks after having ordered it at the record store next door, I
finally got my copy of the `Entwistle Anthology' today.  It was heavily
overpriced, as I had already expected.  These morons really had re-imported a
German export from the US, as they had announced before.  I don't know how
often I had tried to convince them that it would be way easier to just order
the CD from a German distributor, if not the record company itself, but they
had been entirely stubborn even after I had started calling them idiots.  After
all, what does a fan know about ordering records?  Record store staff are way
more clever, and therefore they decide what has to be done...

Anyway, I made peace today with the shopkeeper who happens to be a casual Who
fan and really appreciates my stories about Hyde Park and MSG and respects me
as his #1 Polydor Quad costumer.

After the reviews on this list, I had expected to get an excellent CD, but what
I really got was much better - it simply blew me away right during my first
listening.  It's my first Entwistle solo recording, so most of the songs were
entirely new to me, but yet they rocked at once.  The sound quality is simply
outstanding.  So, if anybody here is still in doubt whether to buy it or not -
get it!  It's more than worth its price even after crossing the pond twice...

I don't know whether it has been mentioned here before, but did anybody else
notice the wrong spelling of `Whistle Rymes' in the liner notes...? :-)

Cheers,

Bernd