Re: Coolwalking...

>>t I think George Martin would be a perfect producer and arranger for the
> new
>Who album I wish the boys would do...
>
>Negatory good buddy! Take a listen to the Broadway "Tommy" thingy... that's
>George Martin. It impressed me so much I couldn't even finish listening to
>it... The real problem with "Who production" is who is dominating who in
> the
>studio. Unfortunately, the producer may end up just being a glorified
>engineer... Personally, I like the combo of Jon Astley & Andy Macpherson. 2
>guys who know the band REAL well and are big "fans" themselves...
> Hopefully,
>Roger will use them for HIS next album...

Yeah, another bomb we'll be able to catch in the cut-out bin.  If the Who (I
prefer Daltrey, Townshend, Entwistle) were ever to make another studio
album, I'll take Glyn Johns.  Any producer who can make "It's Hard" better
than what it could've been deserves some credit.   As for George Martin, he
would never fit the peak mold of the Who.  However these days he might be a
perfect match.  The Beatles could do sap and make it respectable, Townshend
fails badly here.  Yet the blind ones with the sunglasses still show up.