Re: Who hates whom?

Scott, re:

>>> Here's my list of "artists" I can do without on the radio:

>>> Donny Iris

    Donny Iris?  That's hysterical!  I'm only familiar with ONE song by that
artist, "Ah, Leah" (which I always liked, actually!).... but of all artists
that you are sick of hearing .... does the radio station you listen to really
play "Ah, Leah" a lot, or do they play OTHER songs by Iris (or do you just
hate the song THAT MUCH!)?

>>>  Allman Bros, Deep Purple (Except "Hush"), .38 Special, Lita Ford, Quiet
Riot, Argent, "The same Pink Floyd over and over", Def Leppard, Eagles.

    All of the above, I generally agree with;  ESPECIALLY "the Same Pink
Floyd, OVER & OVER & OVER...."  ...... "Yes, PLEASE play "Another Brick in the
Wall, Pt 2"  again.....PLEASE?   God, if there's ANYTHING we don't need, "We
don't need to hear THAT again!"  Something from "Animals" would be cool (oh,
sorry, THOSE songs are too long to play on the radio..let's just play the same
ten pieces of shit we always play, til you wanna PUKE..!)

>>> Here's some I don't hear enough:

>>> 1.Warren Zevon
>>> 2.John Hiatt
>>> 3.Ramones

    I don't know .... I've heard "Werewolves of London" even more than I've
heard "Hold Your Head Up" by Argent;  but I NEVER hear John Hiatt (I thought
it was "Hyatt"), and not much Ramones, either.

    It seems, from the comments made so far in this discussion (and I know it
is real early to make this observation, but what the hell....!), that the
general concensus is most people appreciate variety in radio programming; that
programmers are TOO NARROW in their playlists.  I couldn't agree more....a
free-form format would be welcome by me, but it's not likely in this day and
age of "payola".

>>> I've been on a couple lists and this one has the best discussions and
content of all. I am biased though; being a Who fan to the bone. Someday I'll
bore you all with my sappy words on what the Who means to me. But this will do
for now.

    Join the club, Scott.

                gary m.