Scrumping and Grinding

Gary M,

	RE:> Thomas Farrell has gotten to the heart of the matter. Scrumpy is
English> farmhouse apple cider made from the apples scattered on the
ground in an> orchard. I believe to scrump apples is to snitch them
from such an
> orchard, as I think such cider was originally made with pinched
apples - a
> kind of poaching. But in the song, Pete may may meant making homebrew
-
> hard to call.......Gary M.

	I'm not Silicon Chip or Ciderhead, but your homebrew angle is
interesting, but I don't remember it referred to anywhere else in
Quad... I'm interested in your intpretation, where else do you see it
referenced or alluded to?
	And I always thought the Rockers, not the Mods, were the ones who made
homebrew.  ;-)

	Every good wish--Tom Farrell