German Apple Scrumplings

John,

	RE:  > Therefore, if "gelt" were to be slang for apple, the "apple
scrumping" and> "nick my gelt" would mean the same thing??

> Something to ponder...

	I may not be Happy (Apple) Jack, but....
	My immediate recall is failing me:  What song is "nick my gelt" from?
Courtesy of six years of useless German classes in high school and
college, I do know, however, that the German word for "money" is "geld,
" not "gelt,"  as in "Ich habe kein geld" ("I have no money")... a line
to use on any date with a gullible and well-financed Fraulein.
	The line "Ich habe ein grosse Schwanz" (loosely translated:  "I have a
big <Worf>") also stirs the typical Fraulein's hormones into a seething
Tuetonic froth... although I'm not sure how "<Worf>" translates into
German.  ;-)
	Every good wish--Tom Farrell