Quad

That description of Quad as a musical and stage piece struck me as entirely
accurate save in one important respect - it wasn`t Roger who insisted on
explaining the story line to the audience between the songs - it was Pete.
In fact, as I recall the story on this, Roger was angry with Pete for taking
too much time with these interludes, considering that the music must be
allowed to speak for itself. (Here, I think Roger was right). The Who boots
which chronicle Quad that I`m familiar with, notably Decidedly Belated
Response, clearly show that Pete was the one who explained the songs
lengthily to the audience in that inimitable faux Cockney accent: ......THE
STORY BEGINS ON A ROCK............Gary M.