RE: Lifehouse/Rush

At  7:22 PM 96.4.3 -0800, Michael Hanley wrote:
>Actually Chris, at the opening night of "Tommy" in Toronto, Geddy Lee
>was spotted in the crowd (among others) by the local tv station,
>CITY-TV.  They chatted with him for a minute or two, and he was asked
>why he was there, was The Who an influence, and he replied with
>something along the lines of "Of course, it was a big influence". Like
>we didn't know that already!  :--)

I am not a Humble Pie fan, but in this case I'll eat some.  However, I
still don't see that the concept behind Lifehouse has much in common with
the story of 2112.  Sure, they're both science fiction, and involve
liberation thru music, but they've never struck me as being that similar
beyond that.  2112 is very pessemistic.  Unfortunately I can't back my
opinions up with any quotes, articles, etc. from Rush.  Does anyone else
have any?

cmh
http://www.trn.or.jp:80/~chris/
150 東京都渋谷区東 3-12-12