Re: quad news in april ICE

>>According to [Pave Arse], originally Townshend wanted everyone to write
their own
>>"Themes" and music for Quadrophenia.  "Everyone was supposed to engineer
their
>>own image."  Also Pete said "John wrote a song he wouldn't play for me
because it
>>summed up the whole album (Quad.) in one song."  -I am sure that must have
been
>>an interesting song.

>I'm not inclined/To blow my mind/Get hung up/Feed the ducks/With a bun...
>We can only speculate about how many of John's songs have been lost over the

>years. Nothing like this ever showed up on a solo album. I wonder if a demo
even
>exists for this song, or why years later John didn't include it on the
soundtrack of
>QUADROPHENIA.

I'm not Don Knotts, but this raises a good question--the vast majority of
bonus tracks we've received in the past two years have been Pete's
compositions, but does anyone have other information about unreleased
Entwistle songs?  I wish I could recall which Who book I was flipping through
within the past year that contained a mention of a song written by John,
maybe around 1975, that never surfaced on a Who or solo LP.

Also, for the benefit of Fang, I inserted a euphemism for "Dave Marsh" in the
first line above.  Perhaps when the "I'm not _ _ _ but... " theme begins to
fade, many of us can offer other pseudonyms for Dave.

Rich B.

NP:  JAE's "Country Line Special," live 1979