Re: White City

Kevin Winn fired the White City lights:

> - What's the story behind White City (the place)?  Is it a London slum?
> It's mentioned in Dogs, so I assume it's an actual place that's been around
> awhile.  Perhaps some of the listers on the London side of the sink can
> help me out.

I walked through the estate, well, now over a month ago. I assume that
you have the video, and it really looks like Pete described it in the
interview ("It's built before the last war ... all the street names
are connected with the British Empire..."). It's fenced, a map at
each entrance (as shown on a pic on the album), huge, same-looking
buildings out of red bricks...
I wouldn't say it's a slum, although mostly black people living
there (hey, that's not a criterion for a slum, isn't it?). Next to the
estate is the White City stadium, now holding a famous London soccer
club which name is behind my memory now. The opposite side is
bounded by a highway (w/mounted speed traps...).

Now back to music...
CK

"I was listening to a guitar-bass-drum thing
 starting here in Chiswick..."