Re: The Who ORCHESTRA

I have everything you have listed below with the exception of
B-side matrix # 66C010029-AM. All of mine list "The Who". However,
my UK Reaction single does list "The Who Orchestra".

And of course we have to pay attention to these details. Somebody has
to keep the discographers honest. :-)

At 01:02 AM 11/22/95 -0500, you wrote:
>>Waltz For A Pig isn't done by The Who at all, but Graham Bond's >band as
>"The Who Orchestra." It was released on the "B" side of >the US Substitute
>due to the legal battle with Shel Talmy.
>
>According to Ed Hanel's bible, the US ATCO 45 in question can be found with
>the B-side credited to either "The Who Orchestra" or simply "The Who."  I
>have several different promo and regular pressings of the original (#6409)
>and the quick reissue with the modified lyrics (#6509), but ALL show "The
>Who" on the B-side.
>
>Do any of you have a pressing that credits the "Orchestra"?
>
>Here's what I have:
>
>6409 promo with A- & B-sides
>6409 regular release (I have two, which use different fonts)
>
>6509 promo ("Substitute" on both sides, matrix # 66C-10028 SP)
>
>6509 regular release, B-side matrix # 66C-10029 SP
>6509 regular release, B-side matrix # 66C010029-AM
>
>I've also seen at least one of the other reissues, with -MO at the end of the
>matrix number.
>
>I realize that some of you might not get into this much detail regarding your
>collections, but somebody besides Mr. Hanel has to!
>
>Rich

---
Joe Giorgianni
South Glens Falls, NY  12803