Re: Ending of Quad (film) --> Meaning?

> Anyway I discovered a thread about the film and how someone
> interpreted the ending.  This certain poster saw the crashing motor
> scooter on the rocks and Roger singing "You stop dancing" as Jimmy
> finally forgetting his past and growing up.  The bike is the symbol
> of his past as he sends it over the cliff.

I always thought that he just threw the bike over, and "grew up"
in a sense and learned to somehow come to grips "when shit happens"
in your life and deal with the problems without haveing to get
at least AS frazzled as you, or he in this case, would tend to do.

I took the movie as a phase of what Pete may have felt like as a
teen and the feelings of pain that teens come to face as far as
relationships, freinds, etc....

Plus I always thought that alot of the Who, or Petes input into,
the music, was all teenage to young adult frustrations that he
let loose in his writings. And can move on.

This is why I always, and still do, beleive that Jimmy lived
after the bike went over.

But - wasn't that Ace Faces bike anyway ? He did steal it from the
hotel....Maybe it was some sort of "Tommy" revolt ( I think someone
else mentioned the Tommy Quad full circle ) where Jimmy as the main
charecter revolts against what was "ruling" his life, Ace and the
rest of the "mods", where as the "disciples" of Tommy turned on
him.

> According to the album, it doesn't seem that Jimmy took his life;
> especially with "Love..." being the last song.

> So, which is it ?

Yeah, and if they did put "I've Had Ebough" at the end of the album,
it could seem like a suicide, with Roger screaming...Isn't it a
sound more of a car squeeling before a crash ? And sirens ?

Hmmmmm.....