Re: Slit Skirts = Cinci?

-- [ From: Thomas G. Farrell Jr. * EMC.Ver #2.10P ] --

Jeff,
  RE:  Slit Skits Equaling Cinci.  I'm not familiar with the creative
genesis of "Skit Skirts" but the age reference sure seems to fit.  As
for the "front page sad news," well, Pete has always found a way to
take jabs at the press in his songs.  That connection is a tad more
nebulous.  But these are just my opinions, and I see your point about
the age reference.
  Here's another Chinese Eyes question that has been bugging the
bejeebers out of me for years.  In "Somebody Saved Me" Pete mentions a
"friend":  "...who worked himself crazy while I laid in bed..../And
when I woke up clean he was dead....."
  Who's the friend he's talking about?  Kit Lambert?  Keith Moon?  Pete
Meaden?
  Any input is welcome.
  Every good wish--Tom Farrell