Re: mono: "The Who Sell Out"

Don, re:

>latest Who obsession:  hearing the mono mix of Who Sell Out before i get
old...

Don, there are actually a few differences between the mono versions of "Sell
Out". For example, the UK version does not have the "quivering vocal" ending
at the end of "Mary Ann With The Shaky Hand" like the USA Decca version does
(and now artificially recreated on the "new" CD). In the USA, Decca had a
white label promo copy that was "banded". In other words, all the songs were
separated so they didn't run into one another. Also, the song order is a bit
different... Norman Feinberg is selling a copy in Goldmine Magazine for $200.
However, he doesn't state whether it's mono or stereo. You may already be
aware that "Odorono" has no lead guitar and "Our Love Is, Was" has a
different guitar solo. Interestingly, the BBC version features the same
version, but with Roger on lead vocal. There are some other subtle
differences as well...

Now, if you have an "I Won't Run Anymore" CD single, I'll gladly pay you for
that AND throw in a nice tape of the mono "Sell Out"...

WF <~