Re: Re[4]: Weak singles

>I might have to say that "Ballet For A Rainy Day" would be in there, too.  I
>have counted English Settlement in my short list of Greatest Albums Of All
Time
>since I heard it in, what was it - '81?  SWO was my introduction to one of the
>most intelligent bands I've ever heard.

Kevin:
Ah, but I said "single." Ballet wasn't a single, was it (or did I miss it)?
And if so, I wonder why they didn't release Earn Enough For Us (which surely
would have been a hit) instead. I know they released Dear God and then
kindly left it off of the American LP. Thankfully, it was returned to the CD...
And before we get off on another tangent, I personally do not agree with
Partridge's view of God...because it seems that he's attacking Christianity
without regard to any other of the multitude of religions out there. If one
doesn't believe in Christianity, that alone is not a valid basis for
completely denying the existence of a Universal Mind. As he does in that
song...which is still damned funny...
 Cheers           ML