Poll II continued...

If you're going to keep adding things...

First Who owned: LIVE AT LEEDS on 8-track

Who Live: October 1975 at Greensboro NC with Peter Tosh opening. Utterly
unbelievable. The stage was dark, and then a spotlight caught Pete in
mid-air. As he hit the stage he also hit the first chord of I Can't Explain.
The lights went up to show the others, except Rog. He ran out from the back
as if he was going right off of the stage, sang the first verse, threw the
mike into the air, turned and spoke to Keith, turned again to catch the mike
(without looking) and sang the second verse...I was blown away by this time.
The utter power emoting from the stage would have powered the city for
years. Other memories: they played Dance It Away but not My
Generation/Roadrunner/Genreation Blues. From QUAD only Drowned (damn it!)
was played. The TOMMY set was shorter than any boot I've heard from this
tour. They played for two hours, no encore. I had lost my voice by the end
of the show.

July 1989 at Raleigh NC. I've already written about this one elsewhere in
the list, but it was a lot better than I expected (even having heard Radio
City beforehand). The theme for the Alfred Hitchcock show was played as they
walked onstage. I thought the Townshend solo songs weakened the show (much
to my surprise). Pete said Face The Face was for the "two black people who
came." For the encore, Pete came out by himself as if he was sweeping the
floor of the stage with an imaginary broom...then was "surprised" by the
audience. It seemed clear to me throughout that he was having a great time.
Which seemed very positive for the band's future.

Last Who bought: I'm not sure whether it was Max BBC or Largo `73 or A QUICK
ONE and SELL OUT. One of them, anyway.
      Cheers                 ML