collective soul

	I just bought the new Collective Soul (aka: We Got Repetative Riffs
if You Want 'em) CD and noticed a few things.  One, there's a song called
"Smashing Young Man" that seems to be about Pete.  I can't recall any
exact lyrics but it seems to talk about a rock star's problems with being in
the spotlight and they seem to be saying thankyou to Pete for being so
cool (or something like that, I really should have brought the liner
notes.)
	Also, they play another song called Bleed that has the synth part
from WGFA done very slowly on guitar.  Even my anti-Who roommate said "Hey
isn't that a Who song" when he heard it.  The final chord of the song
also sounds like the end of WGFA.
	Does anybody else have this CD and notice this stuff?  I wouldn't
exactly tell anybody to run right out and buy it, its pretty average
stuff.
	Oh yeah; did anybody see Hootie and the Blowfish on Letterman's
show last Friday?  Was the guitarist using a Gibson SG with a HiWatt?
It kind of looked like it but I couldn't tell for sure.

Shanon

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Broadcasting   |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"