Re[2]: CD's vs LP's (I love it

>A truly good system will easily point out the limitations and strengths of
>CD's (and LP's).  As adamant as you are about the quality of your system I
>would think you'd hear some limitations.  I can only think of two reasons why
>you wouldn't:  Your reference for judging sound quality is other inferior
>systems rather than live music, or you have a very 'forgiving' system whose
>inaccuracies gloss over CD limitations and simply complement conventional
>CD's.  But as long as you're happy with what you have I guess that's the most
>important thing.

Sorry, I didn't state my point very clearly.  I was trying to say that most
people buy their systems from KMart for $399 and have about 15 "components"
that don't do much else than boost the bass and high end and flash a bunch
of lights, and come with speakers that are not even close to flat response.
*These* are the systems that lose the subtleties between CD/LPs.

I hear some limitations of some CD's (especially poorly
produced/manufactured ones) with the equipment that I have (like Mike, I
can't afford state of the art, but I do what I can) - it's just that it
doesn't bother me (i.e. what I give up in "warmth" is more than made up for
in low noise and high range).

OK,
KLW