Re: CD's vs LP's (I love it

The following is one of my typical smart-ass replies (sorry again...), yet is relevant in the
larger scheme of things, i.e., reproduce it by playing it rather than (only) listening to it....

ID> personally I'd rather buy a nice tube amp.

Concerning tube amps, yes, a very good idea. I've got one or two - the HIWATT Custom 100 (model no. DR103),
made before Dave Reeve's death, and thus of superior quality... Minor modifications are required to get that
vintage Who sound, along with the same for the aforementioned guitars, but do you recall the photo of Townshend
from the sixties with the soldering iron in hand, working on his guitar?  Hmmm... wonder what he was doing there...?  The secrets of the ancient masters are not given up easily........

Jeff