Re: convention info

} Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 18:04:38 -0500 (CDT)
} From: Alan McKendree <amck@eden.com>
} Subject: Re: convention info
}
} If it was me and I was in the States (hey!  I _am_ in the States!!)
} I'd go to a bank and get cash pounds and send them through the mail,
} rather than trying to mess around with international check-writing.  I
} have sent cash successfully through the mails to the UK before, but
} YMMV, send it at your own risk, read label before ingesting, etc.
}

You should be able to get an International Postal Money Order in pounds
sterling (you certainly can in Canada); failing that, you should be able
to buy sterling money orders from yer basic reputable bank.  I wouldn't
*ever* send cash through the mail--the chances of some low-paid postal
worker scooping it are too high, and they've had a lot of practise at
spotting envelopes containing cash ...

> Mike <

"I'm such a helpful guy, anyone want to sponsor a trip to the convention?"