PT's Ascension Two

  Does anyone have any background on the PT song Ascension Two that appears
on the 1982 benefit album 'Music & Rhythm' ?  I've had this tape since it
came out but never knew it's story.  For those who don't know it's on a
compilation album to benefit WOMAD (World of Music Arts and Dance) featuring
mostly African and Middle-Eastern artists but does have Peter Gabriel, David
Byrne, XTC & The Beat.
  The PT instrumental lists him, John Entwistle, Kenney Jones and Rabbit as
musicians and was produced by PT and Steve Lillywhite.  It sounds like a
mid-eighties Scoop-type jam and I wonder if this was actually recorded as a
Who number for the aborted 1983 Who album Siege mentioned on Scoop.
  Doug