Re: A moan

 Tim writes:
 >Was I right in thinking that there was a message on the list last
>weekend from somebody saying NOT to write to Pete ???
 Not quite...

 [snip]

 >I think that us fans SHOULD write to Pete, saying how much we like
 >his work. I have an old radio promo (Chinese Eyes) interview in which Pete
 >himself says that he HATES people knowing where he lives. He says that he
 >enjoys letters of praise, and will gladly reply if he has time.
 >I DO agree that spying, or interupting him IS rude. I happened to
>walk past Pete in Cambridge one morning, a few years back.(His
>daughter is/was studying at the University). I would have loved to say
>hello, but I noticed that he was talking to someone he was with. You've
>gotta treat
>him politely as any other human being. Would you like to be interupted by a
>complete stranger?

 Exactly...

 I was only saying that I felt it was intrusive to write to him at his home.  I
 would never suggest not sending mail through the proper channels (i.e. at the
 Boathouse or through his mgmt group).

 I've written recently to PT at the Boathouse, and haven't yet received a reply.
 But many others on this list have, and I'm anxiously awaiting!

 As mentioned above, I think it's common for those in the public eye to express
 dismay at those who cross the fine line between admiration and obsession.  I
 try to think "what would I want if it were me in his shoes?"  I know I would
 want fans to maintain that respect for my private life, and be able to
 differentiate between my personal and private spaces.

 OK,
 KLW