Questions

 Larry Lawthers <73552.1471@compuserve.com> wrote:

>1) Is it true that Entwistle played with Pete in 1993, possibly California, for
>one show, in a very impromptu way.  If so, what do you know about how it went
>down and how the show was?

Already thoroughly answered

>2) Is it true that Townshend flew back to England as he was traveling from
>England to the US to perform at Amnesty International because his father became
>seriously ill?  Regardless, are Pete's parents still alive?

Yes, Pete was to perfom at the final show of the 1985 Amnesty tour (at
Giants Stadium).  He pulled out when his father took very ill, and his
father died shortly after that show.  I waited through 12 hours of acts to
see him, and when they announced he wasn't there they threw Joni Mitchell to
the wolves in his spot.  She was booed, and greeted with containers of soda
pitched at her head.  She said "Stop oitchin' shit up here.  I'm not that bad".

>3) Is there any way of getting a copy of the FULL Live-Aid performance in NTSC
>VHS, since the American broadcast was butchered?

I don't think a tape of the full Live Aid performance exists.  The BBC lost
power, so it's doubtful there were able to continue taping.  If you listen
to the radio broadcast, which goes to static during "My Generation", you can
hear them pick up "Pinball Wizard" from a  mike in the audience.

>4) Is Pete putting together a production of Iron Man?

In the immortal words of Manuel the bellhop, "Eventually".

rainman
"She picked me up by my lapels
 and screamed PETER!"