Another Random Question

Hi All,

Tim and Pam: Thanks much for your insightful answers to my questions about
Pete/John playing together in 1993, Pete's Dad, Live-Aid, etc.

I heard earlier this year that Pete was coming out with an album titled just as
long as supercalifragileisticxpealidotious.  The title was something like
CoolWalkingHotSmokingPeteJammingFireMusic.  My title example is way-off but you
get the idea.  This was going to be a Pete greatest hits album with a few new
tunes.  It was due out around 2/95.  Anybody know the whereabouts of this
release?

Also, what is it about WHO albums and video concerts where Pete's guitar is
buried?  Pete plays a very prolific guitar yet it is rarely "out front" on
albums or concerts.  The Who's Farewell Tour video has Pete's guitar buried.
Admittedly, he is seen turning it up on some of his solo's but can't the "mix"
in the edit suite fix these problems.  While I am fully aware that there is much
more to the WHO than just guitar solo's, does anyone else agree that while
finding Pete's guitar work "up front" on many albums, Pete's guitar work is
buried on far too many songs?

In the same vein, have you ever noticed the best-selling albums of all time
feature guitars "up front"?  The guitar is very noticeable.  Frampton Comes
Alive, Bostons First Album, Fleetwood Mac's Rumours.  All sold well in excess of
ten million copies.  The listener does not have to strain to catch the guitar
riffs.  They play right into your ear without attacking it (though I love a good
guitar attack on my ears anyday).  I think the fact that the guitar is a
strongly featured instrument in each of these albums is one of the many reasons
these albums sold well.  People want to hear guitar.