RE: The Who Digest Vol 2 Num 323

On Fri, 8 Dec 1995, Danehy-Oakes, Dan'l (djdaneh) wrote:

> Seriously, it's not just Plant; instead of the "New Yardbirds" they were
> originally claiming to be, Zep spent their whole career trying to remake
> "Live at Leeds."

Oh, Please...  Zep focused way more on solos than the Who ever did.
Name one song where Moon had a drum solo of the magnitude of Moby Dick.
How many Who songs were about Norse or Celtic myths?  Did Zep ever write
any songs that dealt with their personal lives and feelings?

If anything, Live at Leeds copied not Led Zeppelin, but the style from
which Zep was born, with extended improvisational soloing as typified by
Cream, though of course Pete & the boys put their own unmistakeable style
on it and made it unique.

Led Zeppelin may have stolen a lot of stuff from a lot of people and used
it for their own purposes, but on the list of influences for Led
Zeppelin, the Who would probably come in around the same place Beatles.

Shane Matheson					MechEng/CompSci UWO

    "I'm not flying, I'm falling with style." -- Buzz Lightyear