Re: Furious Prelude vs. Shakin' All Over

> RE: Michael Mishura's question - Furious Prelude vs. Shakin' All Over
>                                  Fillmore East 4/5/68 bootlegs
>                                  Which is better?
>
> Well, Michael, I don't own Furious Prelude, but my $$$$$ is on Shakin' All
> Over as the better bootleg in terms of both sound quality and packaging.
>
> The facts are: Furious Prelude has been a bootleg vinyl piece for MANY years.
> And its transfer to CD was most likely from a vinyl source. Shakin' All Over
> made its first appearance last year, is only availabe on CD, and according to
> ICE magazine at the time of its release, the source of this version was a
> "two-track soundboard tape". My belief is: any CD bootleg that was originally
> a vinyl bootleg was probably mastered from the original vinyl, and in some
> extreme cases, a bad vinyl copy. CD bootlegs that appear on CD only have a
> better chance of originating from a high-quality tape source.
>
> The pictures and booklet for Shakin' All Over also have some fine shots of the
> band from live gigs of that period, possibly even from the same Fillmore East
> show.

For me, one question will easily clear up this matter.  Can you hear
Keith's drums (other than the bass drum) from "Shakin' All Over"
on?  On the vinyl boot I have, the drums suddenly disappear at this
point and all you hear is Keith stomping out the beat with his foot
(sometimes not in synch :)  ).