Re: Furious Prelude vs. Shakin' All Over

RE: Michael Mishura's question - Furious Prelude vs. Shakin' All Over
                                 Fillmore East 4/5/68 bootlegs
                                 Which is better?

Well, Michael, I don't own Furious Prelude, but my $$$$$ is on Shakin' All
Over as the better bootleg in terms of both sound quality and packaging.

The facts are: Furious Prelude has been a bootleg vinyl piece for MANY years.
And its transfer to CD was most likely from a vinyl source. Shakin' All Over
made its first appearance last year, is only availabe on CD, and according to
ICE magazine at the time of its release, the source of this version was a
"two-track soundboard tape". My belief is: any CD bootleg that was originally
a vinyl bootleg was probably mastered from the original vinyl, and in some
extreme cases, a bad vinyl copy. CD bootlegs that appear on CD only have a
better chance of originating from a high-quality tape source.

The pictures and booklet for Shakin' All Over also have some fine shots of the
band from live gigs of that period, possibly even from the same Fillmore East
show.

So, in summary, Shakin' All Over is the CD bootleg which gets my vote. Go
out and get it---NOW!!!!!!!!

Marty Secero