Zoot Suit

>>Joe wrote:
>>Would also liked to be proved wrong on the existence of the following
>>which I say do not exist:
>>"I'm the Face" as the A-side on a Fontana single
>Denis Bowlen wrote:
>Whilst I do not own an original 1964 copy it is mentioned too many times
>in too many books, collectors mags etc to not exist.  According to "The
>Illustrated Biography" by Chris Charlesworth it was  reissued in early 1965
>with "Zoot Suit" as the A-side.  I'd be interested in hearing
>confirmation on this.
No, I still insist it does not exist. The six or so copies I have seen,
including mine, all had "Zoot Suit" as the A-side. I have never seen an
"I'm the Face" A-side in twenty years of collecting, reading Goldmine
and prowling New York City record stores and flea markets.

>>A UK picture sleeve single for "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere"
>Correct on this one, my understanding is that "Won't Get Fooled Again" was
>the first picture sleeve Who single in the UK (ignoring the Ready Steady
>Who and Tommy EPs).  Of course there could always be some sleeves
lying around in a designers draw that were never used....

Well, the "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere" picture sleeve has been mentioned in
print also. It's even been described as being an orange and yellow pop-art
sleevewith the word "POW" on it. I don't think it ever existed but as with
an A-side "I'm the Face" I hope somebody will prove me wrong.

--
| Joe Giorgianni               Just a possum on the information superhighway |
| South Glens Falls, New York  eg941@cleveland.freenet.edu                   |