Red type of fluid leaking

I have a 98 Jetta GLX manual transmission with 65k miles and recently
noticed that there is a red type of gritty fluid leaking from the bottom
front of the car. Now, I know its not steering, break/clutch or motor oil so
it has me wondering what the hell it is. Could this be transfer case,
differential or gear box fluid? Is there such a thing in a manual Jetta?
Please advise!

Thanks,

Tony DiPalma
Project Manager 2ND Shift, Database Development
Thomas Bros. Maps a Rand McNally Company
17731 Cowan
Irvine, CA 92630
Tony's email
(949) 757-5512 voice