Re: Suspensions...

> If you are going with a spring and shock combo, i would stay away from
> Bilstein unless you want to have the change in your ashtray jump out on
> most bumps. Instead, use the H&R springs with a Koni adjustable shock so
> that you can tune them for your own comfort/performance preference.

I really must disagree with the 'ashtray' line (even if it did make me laugh!).
All the research I did before I bought my setup, led me to believe that Koni's
on the softest setting are pretty much the same as the Bilstein Sports. Now
this research was mainly reading archives from the 'Suspension' forum on
VWVortex, and talking to a few people (but I didn't ride in any cars..).

I am very far from being a suspension expert, but I know that my car seemed
hard as a rock with the cup-kit (rattles gallore), and now rides much nicer
with the Bilsteins/HR sports.

Anyway, choosing a suspension was the mode maddening thing I've had to do
for the car .. it's big, it's expensive, and it lasts a long time. It's
also a very personal decision.

Cam.

--
    Cameron Silver:                  **    Be there, be there,   *  ,_~o
           cameron@buzzneon.com      ** I'm there and I like it! * /  //\