From: "John LaGue" <john_lague@hotmail.com>
To: "Jetta GLX Forum" <jettaglx@igtc.com>
Sent: Friday, March 08, 2002 2:10 PM
Subject: heater now working

> Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2002 12:57:14 -0400
> From: ADAM STUART NICKERSON <adam@cs.dal.ca>
> Subject: heater not working...
>
> The heater is my 1990 Jetta isn't working very well.   Cold air coming
> out most of the time, only getting warm if I keep the revs up over 2k
> or so, and cold again once I take my foot out of it..  Any ideas?

I had a 90 Jetta (sold it at 160K miles)  There was a recall for the heater
core (could rupture and spill hot coolant).   Check with the dealer...
If it _is_ the core, and _if_ it hasn't already been done, then you have a
free one coming.  Takes half a day or so, even for the dealer.

While I'm in here.... I'm replacing the plugs on my 98 glx soon (already
ordered).
Does anyone know the proper torque?  15 ft-lbs?

Thanks,
John L.
98 GLX, Black