Re: Recommend Wheel/Tire Size for 98 GLX

This is my personal experience, and is based on my A3 VW platform

Stock suspension

17x8 TSW Hock R's et 35mm with 215/40zr17 Yoko AVS= no problems
16x7 TSW EVO's et 35mm wtih 205/45zr16 Yoko AVS=no problems

Spax 24-way adjustable shocks with Spax springs

16x7 TSW EVO's et 35mm with 205/45zr16 Yoko AVS=no problems
16x7 TSW EVO's et 35mm with 215/40zr16 Toyo T1s= slight rub on pass rear
(rolled fender lip=no problem)
17x8 TSW HOCK R'set 35mm with 215/40zr17 Yoko AVS= slight rub on pass rear
(rolled fender lip=no problem)

Koni adjustable shocks with H&R Sport Springs

17x7.5 Mille Miglia Spyders et 35 with 215/40zr17 Yoko Parada= slight rub
on pass rear during DEEP higher speed depressions (rolled fender lip= still
having some rub; ordered Euro flares, and I am going to grind the rear pass
fender lip at the bottom near the side skirt, then=no problem)

Hope that this helps some, the only time that I use spacers is when running
the Kosei K1 Racing with race rubber, 205/50zr15; fronts rub calipers+ 5mm
spacer= no problems

I think that I might be going to 16x6.5s with 225/40zr16 rubber next (heard
it works, we will soon see!!!!!); if not, it will be 215/40zr16 on 6.5"
rims.

Please let me know if there is anything further I may provide as far as
information.

chris collier
collier@iglou.com