From: owner-jettaglx@igtc.com [mailto:owner-jettaglx@igtc.com]On Behalf
Of chris collier
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 7:42 PM
To: jettaglx@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Recommend Wheel/Tire Size for 98 GLX

Any 17x7.5 or 17x8" wheel ET 35mm, with either the 205/40zr17 or
215/40zr17 rubber will fit an A3 with no rubbing problems on a stock
suspension. It  is only when you start lowering the car, you will run
into some problems.

My personal choice is the 8" rim with 215 rubber; ran this on my 95
Jetta (stock suspension with no problems. The other popular 205/40zr17
combo, just looks a little light on the meat (stretched across the rims
if you ask me)

I am running 7.5" rims with 215 rubber on Koni/H&R Sport springs, but
get an occasional rub on passenger side under deep compressions.

Again, with a stock suspension, you will not have a problem.

chris collier
collier@iglou.com